What are the tracking methodologies used by Unliche?
Unliche’s set of proprietary algorithms combine to analyze multiple data points to track and identify clicks and conversions.
Unliche uses the following mobile app attribution tracking methodologies for accurately measure and attribute the interactions that a user has with your mobile app:
- Google Referrer Parameter: This includes an install referrer string in your measurement URLs to uniquely identify an advertiser or advertising partner (publisher)
- ID-based Attribution: This involves collecting multiple unique identifiers for attribution and using all of them to search for clicks and impressions with matching identifiers.
- Fingerprint Matching: Fingerprint Matching works by redirecting a user through a measurement URL and collecting the publicly available information from mobile device headers to connect a user from ad-click to conversion.
- Server Postback Tracking: In this method, a unique transaction identifier is generated when a user views or clicks an ad with an affiliate link. This identifier is passed through as a variable throughout the conversion funnel.
While each method can be used to attribute installs and in-app events, the methods implemented depends primarily on three factors:
Platform/AppStore: AppStore, Playstore or APK
Type of Conversion: Install or in-app events
Type of Engagement: Click-through (when a visitor is shown your ad, they click on it, and then convert) or View-through Conversion (a visitor is shown your ad, they do not click on it, but later return to your app and convert)
Unliche uses the last-click model to attribute final conversions.
You need Unliche SDK if you:
- Have a mobile app or website
- Run Performance Marketing Campaigns
- Want to know the value and effectiveness of your campaigns
- Want to know which channel is working best for you
- Want to track the results of your marketing effort